What Does Life in a Senior Living Community Look Like?
There’s a common misconception that senior living is for older adults who are ready to slow down and/or those who’ve had a health crisis or another setback that has limited their ability to live on their own. It’s true that senior living communities offer health care and convenient services that make life easier for older adults. However, moving to a retirement community isn’t about limiting yourself or doing less. In fact, the opposite is true!
Today’s active older adults are choosing senior living because it’s a lifestyle choice, not because they plan to slow down anytime soon. They’re drawn to thoughtfully designed communities that deliver resort-style amenities and a rewarding lifestyle.
An Active and Vibrant Senior Living Lifestyle
You’ll find endless opportunities to be your best self and pursue your passions in retirement at Freedom Square. Let’s explore what to expect in senior living when you choose an all-inclusive senior living community like Freedom Square of Seminole:
- More ways to be active. Moving Into a senior living community makes it easier than ever to stay active. Gentle yoga classes, a heated indoor pool and spa, and personal training sessions in the state-of-the-art fitness center are just a few of the wellness opportunities our community offers.
- Fewer responsibilities and more free time. With maintenance-free living, you can leave the work and expense of home upkeep to our team. We handle chores like housekeeping, meal preparation, landscaping, and home repairs, so you can spend more time enjoying the rewarding retirement lifestyle you’ve earned.
- A residence that perfectly fits your style. Whether you choose a studio, one-bedroom or two-bedroom floor plan, you have the flexibility to choose paint colors and flooring, and decorate the space with your personal touches. Our well-appointed independent living apartments feature modern finishes, large windows, spacious closets and a private lanai.
- Exceptional dining. Our chefs create delicious menus featuring meals made from scratch with fresh and seasonal ingredients. From elegant dining in our formal dining room to casual fare at the Black Swan Pub and Grille, we aim to exceed your expectations with unique dining experiences every day.
- Opportunities to learn and grow. Maybe you’ve always wanted to learn a new language, dive into philosophy, or try your hand at woodworking. Living in a community with an active senior living lifestyle makes it easy to expand your horizons. We offer a host of programs and activities, including lifelong learning classes, lectures, seminars, cultural opportunities and more … all so you can pursue those things that keep you sharp, engaged and fulfilled.
- Fun and friendly neighbors. Senior living communities are full of fun and interesting people who are open to learning, exploring, and trying new things. You’ll be surrounded by welcoming neighbors who enjoy making meaningful connections with people every day. There’s a trend in younger seniors moving to senior living in their 60s and 70s, which gives them more opportunities to meet neighbors and build lasting friendships.
A Place Where You Can Live Your Best Life
At Freedom Square, you’ll experience the rewards of being part of a close-knit neighborhood, such as stronger social connections, less risk of loneliness, better overall health, and improved quality of life. Being part of a community also builds a sense of belonging and greater resilience when facing the ups and downs of life.
We encourage you to explore the many benefits of moving to a senior living community like Freedom Square. In many cases, visiting a community in person is the best way to gauge whether you can picture yourself living there.